While I've been home for the last few months my mom and I decided to take on my room. My room needed a major refresh. It hadn't really changed since high school the walls were still pink and the bedding was old. I wanted to make a quilt for the room so that has been my on going project for the last couple months. We painted the walls a yellow/creme color, bought new bedding, and took out some furniture pieces to make it feel less crowded. Those changes did wonders. It feels amazing now. I finished the quilt as of Monday. This is only the 2nd quilt I have ever done so I still have a lot to learn. I really love the quilting process. It is so rewarding to see a stack of fabric come together and before I know it I have a beautiful quilt making my room bright and pretty and keeping me warm. I already have a plan for my next quilt. That will be my summer project.
FYI: I found this quilt pattern in Amy Bulter's In Stitches book. I bought all of my fabric at Purl Soho (at the CA location).
7 comments:
Love it. I want to do that. I love how it lays on the bed.
The paint color is a nice change from pink.
Come redo my house.
KRISTINE!!! That QUILT is amazing. The room looks so good. The walls are a much needed change and it's a lot less cluttered. YOu done good son!
This girl knows how to make things pretty, she has been helping me with me.
Oh my lanta Kristine, a.maz.ing. That's only your second quilt? You are one talented girl :)
your talents never cease to amaze me. beautiful quilt. love the room. i need to paint, but it's so intimidating. and smelly. one thing that isn't smelly, though? your quilt. did i mention that you are one talented lady?
I'm obsessed with your quilt. Its right around the area I was imagining a K quilt to look like. Your room is very beautiful. SUch great taste.
that quilt is adorable! I wish I could see it. you are so talented...Ingrid would be proud of your quilting skills.
Post a Comment