Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dam Marathon



I did it! I signed up for the Rexburg half marathon. June 14th is the date and that is really really soon. My roommates Sarah, Maggie, and Jane signed up as well. We are super excited but a little freaked out. Yesterday at the gym we ran 4 miles! But this morning I woke up with a terrible sore throat (thanks jane). This afternoon I was all ready to run another 4 miles but by mile 2 I jumped off the treadmill to drink some water and I about died cause my throat hurt so stinkin bad. I sure hate the dry air here in ID. So that was all the running I could accomplish for today. Pretty Sad. Tomorrow will be better! (cross my fingers).

Even though today was a bummer I am Super excited to do this. To actually run 13.1 miles.

5 comments:

H C M said...

Run girl, Run! Sounds like a great goal and kinda fun.

Livi said...

Sore throats are the worst!! Honestly, the worst. Good for you for signing up for the marathon and for running for miles the other day - I can't wait to hear how it all goes.

Unknown said...

swallow a spoonful of honey! hate that. i am impressed you are doing this race.

mandy said...

AWESOME! When is the run?

Auburn said...

Rockstar! Good luck. I'm starting to run again to get this baby weight off, and I'm SUCKING some major wind. Maybe I should sign up for half marathon.