Sunday, August 23, 2009

Saturday is for lovers

We started the morning off by having brunch at Ruth's Diner. oooooh my gaaaaash this place is dreamy. In the mountains, incredible food, great atmosphere. A must go if you are in Salt Lake.



Then in was Steiner's Pool for the afternoon. We couldn't resist. It was 100 degreez. Blazin!



And in the evening we went to Julie and Julia. It was an excellent movie. I really really loved it. I already have a love for cooking but this move made me all sorts of excited. Meryl Streep is so good! One hate though...the way the Amy Adams(Julie) husband ate. It just kinda bugged. I just didn't like that he stuffed is face. Have you seen it yet? Thoughts?

6 comments:

Livi said...

I miss girlfriend brunches!

Topsy and Havoc said...

virginia is for lovers too! come visit your brother, and then us.

Meagan @ Meagan Tells All said...

I haven't seen the movie, but I definitely too love to eat. That cute diner in SLC looks adorable and totally delish. PS....I hate any degree over 85 right now. Pregnancy already makes my body 10 degrees hotter than everyone elses!!!

PS I love you!

H C M said...

I nearly walked out of the movie in the opening scene when Amy/Julie's husband was licking his finger. Gag!! But, I'm glad I stayed because even though the guy was a slobby eater, the movie was delightful. And I want to make a chocolate cake with almonds around the edges--yes? And I did make bruschetta after watching the movie.

shauna.m. said...

can we pease do all hese things next sat? plus some garage saleing and maybe a sleepover?...thanks
ps teen u r real real pretty...california would love u

Lindsey said...

We love Ruth's too! YUMMMM.