It was a marvelous weekend. I am crossing my fingers that I'll get to go to Houston in October for Fall Market. Mary and I already have plans of starting a business together. We kept getting comments like "you're to young to quilt." Ha Ha. And with that said I need to go get working on my next quilt!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
"You're too young to Quilt!" Part Two
Saturday morning Mary, (her aunt) Kathy, and I were able to sneak away from the Quilt market to go to Saturday Market in downtown Portland. It as a blazing 95 degrees outside and the streets were flooding with people walking through the market. We enjoyed doing a little shopping...and people watching. And for lunch I got a tasty Greek Gyro. Yum yum. I loved going to downtown Portland.

And this moment may have been my favorite moment of Quilt Market. Meeting Amy Butler! Mary made fun of me because I was so star struck. Amy is so beautiful and sweet. Her booth was gorgeous...of course. I am really really excited about her new Solids line. And I can't wait to purchase her new book Little Stitches. It is her new sewing book and has projects to make for kids. I am hoping she also comes out with a pattern for that darling dress she is wearing. I told her how much loved it and she said that she was coming up with a pattern for it. Yay!

It was a marvelous weekend. I am crossing my fingers that I'll get to go to Houston in October for Fall Market. Mary and I already have plans of starting a business together. We kept getting comments like "you're to young to quilt." Ha Ha. And with that said I need to go get working on my next quilt!
It was a marvelous weekend. I am crossing my fingers that I'll get to go to Houston in October for Fall Market. Mary and I already have plans of starting a business together. We kept getting comments like "you're to young to quilt." Ha Ha. And with that said I need to go get working on my next quilt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
haha. i love it! you are so adorable. sign me up to buy the first thing you guys come up with... whatever it is. only HOT ladies quilt.
I'll buy some aprons or a quilt. You look darling and the apron is so cute. By the way, Hilary wants to sell your stuff. You ought to email her.
Post a Comment