Where do I begin? How can I even express in words how much fun I had this last weekend at the Spring Quilt Market. I had a blast. Mary and I flew into Portland on Thursday morning. We arrived and got right to work. We spent the entire day setting up the booth with Mary's mom Jan (The Apron Lady), her sister Kathy, and Amy (a quilt shop owner in Rigby, ID). At 8pm sample spree started. It was crazy! Ladies lined up at 1pm! At 8 they rushed the doors and shopped shopped shopped. I ran around with Mary before the doors and bought fabric and patterns for wholesale price! I was so excited. From 8-10:30 we sold aprons and apron patterns galore. The aprons got a great reaction.
On Friday the Quilt Market began. Doors opened at 9:30am. We sat in the booth a lot of the day and talked to quilt shop owners about the aprons. The convention center is HUGE. I would get up and roam and see as many booths as I could. It is amazing. On the first day of market I met Anna Maria Horner, Joel Dewberry, Tina Givens, Valori Wells, and Liesel from Oliver + S, and Heather Ross. I am so inspired by all of them. Their booths were Gorgeous! I was totally star struck but tried my best to play it 'cool.'
Watch for Part 2 of International Quilt market. More to come.

I met Heather Ross! She is so cute! I love love love her fabric. I bought her rabbits and race cars line. Awesome stuff. I really like her Mermaid line and I am super super excited for her book (she showed me the thumbnails!) it looks so cool and she is also starting to make clothing patterns. YAY!

For those of you who sew you may recognize this lady. It's Nancy from the show Sewing with Nancy. She also has a lot of sewing books. We used to watch her instructional videos in my sewing class.

I heart Denise Schmidt!

Anna Maria is the coolest. She is super down to earth and real. Her booth was so bright and beautiful. I love her new line and I'm excited for her new book to come out. Plus she is Tall!

Joel Dewberry! I love his fabric. He was so nice. He asked me what I like about his fabric and which of his new lines I liked the best. We had a nice chat.


Every night we would take the train to downtown Portland. I LOVE Portland. It is such a fun city.


This was the line for Sample Spree. YIKES.

Day 1 of Quilt Market. The booth was so cute.


I love The Apron Lady's new pattern. It's called Spring Fling. I really love it in the little girl version and I think it would look adorable on my nieces with jeans and a tshirt for school!

Setting up the booth. Lots of work!

Getting ready for Sample Spree.

More booth set up.

Sample Spree.
10 comments:
what a fun weekend! You are so talented! I'm proud of you. I miss you!
how cool - i can't wait to see what you make with your cool fabric
O.... M.... G...osh. I am speechless. I think I would run and hide if i saw 50 bazillion women clamoring for samples.
He he he. . . not me, Egan! I'd run in the same direction as all those women and shove them out of the way for some juicy new fabrics! How fun, Kristine! Great pictures! I'm going to study that Denyse Schmidt one, I love everything she does!
You are so cute! And so Lucky! I'm glad you had fun! :)
I think this is the definition of heaven for you!
How fun! You are so amazing.
I am glad you have a passion. It will add to your drive to be successful and to create. There is joy in creating. Glad it was all you wanted it to be.
I can't WAIT for part two!!!!
I totally recongnized Nancy. In high school I had my whole sewing class convinced that she was my aunt! What an awesome opportunity for you!
Post a Comment