
So I just sat down by the fire and turned on the TV I saw the sweetest story on CBS nightly news. It told of a man in his 90's who worked his whole life in the mills never making more then $11/hr. He never married, never had children, and never had a phone. He saved all his money and only wore thrift clothes. People would ask what he would do with all his savings and one day he decided. He gave $1 million to a local high school so that they could build a swimming pool and $1 million to a New Jersey College. What a tender story. Of a man who really lived his life with nothing could be so giving! A great lesson.
2 comments:
that is so sweet. I wish I could have seen it. What a life.
Live simply so others can simply live. who said that? it is good
Post a Comment