Thursday, July 10, 2008

Afternoon Trip! Destination: Victor, ID








Monday was the BEST. After classes myself and friends Logan and Jonathan decided to go to Victor, ID. Victor is about 45 minutes from Rexburg (a very pretty drive!) and I thought it would be a perfect afternoon outing. At age 12 I started going to Victor, ID in the summers for 2 weeks. I would go to a place there called Quickwater Ranch. The owners of this ranch wanted it to be a place where girls could come and do things that they've never had the opportunity to do. They wanted it to be a learning and growing experience for us...and that it was. I milked goats, did over night hikes, fished, rode horses, made a wooden chair, ceramic bowls, leather purses, etc. etc. etc. I still, to this day, cherish those memories. Well Victor has more to offer to me then Quickwater Ranch....they have world famous huckleberry shakes. The shakes are worth the drive alone! So us 3 had a wonderful day in Victor. We hit up the emporium for shakes (and they are as tasty as I remember), then walked around the little town, (we found a really good interior decorating store), and then I took them to Quickwater Ranch. When I pulled up and got out of the car I look in the barn and there is Dick Jacobsen (the owner of the ranch). He hadn't seen me since I was 16 and he hadn't forgotten me. Well 2 seconds after saying our hellos he handed me the screw driver and puts me to work. Classic! I drilled a few holes and then took off to explore the ranch again. I gave the boys a tour and we had a nice little walk up the the meadow. Ahh it is so gorgeous there. We had such a great time and I can't complain about my company either, man, i'm a lucky girl.

5 comments:

jonny said...

this was a beautiful day, a beautiful trip, a beautiful place, and beautiful conversation with beautiful friends.
beautiful
ps-how fatal is your attraction to cuteness?

Low Gain said...

I will never forget the feelings of friendship we shared during the talk driving to Victor. I think that alone was a reason to stay another day. Thanks you two. Love you.

Meagan said...

Kristine that is SO cute! What cute guy friends. I love it! Remember when we went to victor with Mark and Tannon>>??? GOod times. LOVE YOU

H C M said...

And here we have Ida-ho
Winning her way to fame
Silver and Gold in the sunlight gleam
And romance lies in her name.
Oh we'll go singing, singing of you
Singing of Idaho.

I love Kristine and I love Quickwater, and I'm wishing I had a huckleberry shake right now.

Livi said...

Thank you for such a fun post!!! It brought up such good memories. That is really cool you got to see your old friend. I wish I was there to take afternoon trips with you! you're the coolest Kristine. :)