Friday, November 4, 2011

Carla Lani

My Aunt Carla's birthday is October 29th. On her birthday my mom sent out this collage to our family along with her birth story written by my grandma in a journal. I loved reading my grandma's descriptions and details of her first daughter Carla. I miss my sweet Aunt Carla! I remember when she died this past February my friend Julie left a comment on my blog with this quote by Harold B. Lee. I love it. And it seemed fitting to share as we are in a month dedicated to being grateful!

"Thank God for one more day! For what? For the opportunity to take care of some unfinished business. To repent; to right some wrongs; to influence for good some wayward child; to reach out to someone who cries for help -- in short, to thank God for one more day to prepare to meet God"
Harold B. Lee


Carla+Collage+Birthday

2 comments:

Auburn said...

I read about your Aunt Carla a bit in your Grandmother's biography. She sounded like a pretty special lady . . .

brightbit said...

i remember that quote from your blog then. it really spoke to me as well. i've been thinking about that a lot lately - like, would i really be grumpy about a,b,c,d if i knew this was my last day on earth? it has really helped me - but i need to be better! i love these photos. i really enjoy hearing about your family's life. thanks for sharing!