These quotes were found in one of my Aunt's journals and my Mom emailed them a couple days ago in an email to the family. They touched Carla at some point in her life, and now the touch and comfort me. Here are a few I loved...Plutarch "A pleasant and happy life does not come from external
things; man draws from within himself, as from a spring, pleasure and
joy."
by Kahlil Gibran
"Everyone has experienced that truth: that love, like a running brook,
is disregarded, taken for granted; but when the brook freezes over,
then people begin to remember how it was when it ran, and they want it
to run again."
"Everyone has experienced that truth: that love, like a running brook,
is disregarded, taken for granted; but when the brook freezes over,
then people begin to remember how it was when it ran, and they want it
to run again."
No Author listed
"We live in deeds, not years
In thoughts, not breaths
In feeling, not in figures on a dial
We should count time by heart throbs."
By Sir James Barrie
"God bave us our memories so that we might have our roses in December."
6 comments:
I am SO sorry Kristine. The whole thing is so heartbreaking. It happened so fast. Those are beautiful quotes. I will treasure those, thank you.
PS. Your mom and I are offical facebook friends :-)
so sorry to hear this. thinking of you and your family! <3
I had a close friends die in high school, and the night i found out, i was flipping through my scriptures, and came across a quote i had stuck in there...
"Thank God for one more day! For what? For the opportunity to take care of some unfinished buisness. To repent; to right some wrongs; to influence for good some wayward child; to reach out to someone who cries for help--in short, to thank God for one more day to prepare to meet God"
Harold B. Lee
it made me thankful for church, second chances, and the reminder that we will be with him when we die.
So sorry Kristine. Love Julie B's quote. Thinking of you and your sweet mother!
I'm so sorry for you and your family. I'm happy to know that you still have so many happy memories to remember her by. Our thoughts are with you.
anyone who keeps quotes like these must have beautiful insides. thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment