Thursday, October 15, 2009

munch crunch

Our friend Grant brought us a bag of apples from his parents apple orchard this week. The guy knows the way to our hearts.

A tasty treat I like to make with apples (and it takes less then 5 min) is to steam them.
I take 2 smallish applies, peel the skins off, core, and then chop them into little pieces. Next put them in a pot with just a little bit of water and boil the apples til they're soft (I like mine a tad crunchy). Drain the water. Then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. Heaven!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

great idea kristine!

Jen said...

throw it on a german pancake or in a crepe and you're golden! yummy!

H C M said...

what a nice guy and a nice treat!

Livi said...

cute braid alert!

Jenn Kirk said...

You are so healthy. Because I am me, I'd sneak in a generous pat of butter, because I am bad.

And your braid is crazy adorable.

mandy said...

mmmm.... my pregnant belly says that sounds YUMMY. I want to go get some apples RIGHT NOW! What kind of apples work best??

Anonymous said...

I am totally FREAKING out! I want to come and stay with you gals SO BAD!!! It makes my tummy hurt thinking about it!

I emailed Nicole and Kelly already! LOL. I told them both my situation. But, I have to know by thursday if I have a spot. Because the airfares are cheepest 2 weeks ahead of time.

Nicole wrote me back. I couldn't believe it! She said that she'd keep me in mind. I hope she lets me know soon!!

I want you to make me yummy breakfast! And I want to see you! aww man, I've got to stop thinking about it. I just keep getting more and more depressed!!

anyway, say a little prayer for me!
love you lady!