
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
In a medium bowl combine the following:
1/4 cup Cocoa
1 3/4 cups Oats
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. groung cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
In a large bowl combine to form a grainy paste:
1 cup brown sugar packed
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola or vegetable oil
Add and blend until smooth:
1 large egg
3/4 cup applesause
Add the flower mixture to the above. Then add:
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup ground or finely chopped prunes
1 cup chopped almonds
Blend at low speed just until mixed, do not overmix. Drop by the rounded tablespoonfuls onto a parchment or lightly greased cookie sheet. Dampen fingers and flatten cookies slightly. Bake for about 10 min. then transfer to a whire rack to cool.
3 comments:
kristine! I make these all the time! I still have the recipe card you gave me forever ago! I love these so much. my friends love them too but I haven't given them the recipe because I didn't know if you wanted it given out! So, I'll send them to your blog! Thanks girl.
These taste great along side a tall glass of prune juice!
please be my chef
Post a Comment