Friday, July 27, 2012

Lake Powell

The last week of June I went to Lake Powell with a group from my ward. I'd never been before but I get now why people rave about it. It is so so gorgeous. And everything a Summer vacation should be...sleeping outdoors, playing all day long, beautiful scenery, and amazing food. We about 18 people on the house boat and I loved our group because it was a lot of people I hadn't spent very much time with but loved becoming friends with them and hanging all week. 
favorite memories:
+sister gibby dancing to Firework by Katy Perry
+paddle boarding
+fireworks show
+lunch in the cave
+nightly devotionals
+4 people on a paddle board getting pulled by a Jet Ski
+Go Pro videos
+ Sunsets
+Rainbow bridge
+Rootbeer floats
+naps in the gravity chair
+ Aqua Tron (night time + glow sticks + boogie boards and jet skis!!!)
+Wake surfing
+Boys shooting guns behind the house boat
+Cliff Jumping
+Bobbing (putting the life jacket on through your legs so you can bob in the water)
+The Relaxation Station
+Dance party
+Music playing all day long.
IMG_1768 IMG_1769 IMG_1773 IMG_1774 IMG_1770 IMG_1783 IMG_1776

5 comments:

Jane said...

i want to go SO BAD!!!! great round of pictures.

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH I LOVE POWELL these pics brought back so many memories, my fav the top one! so great waking up to the stars. love love love all these pics, SO FUN

Egan Metcalf said...

Love the last pic! Powell RULES!

julieb said...

looks soo fun!
and you look great!

kylie said...

the epitome of bad A summer livin