My mom wrote this story about the life of an ancestor of ours, Ezra T. Benson. While my parents read the story the kids colored. They were so curious and interested! I'm sad that I didn't know these stories until now because they are really impressive.
How cool is this round table? And hello lazy Susan!
Listening intently.
They made paper airplanes.
They went on a treasure hunt. Had to look up a scripture then complete a task. Then they'd pick up a clue and head to the next spot.
Last they were handed shovels and off to dig for treasure.
I spy Jane and Egan.
Treasure for everyone! (dollar toys and ring pops go a long way!)
4 comments:
What a perfect idea! I bet it was nice for you guys to take a break too. Entertaining kids on vacation means not really having a vacation yourself! At least that's how it feels for me. Nice to get away and be together as a family, but no break for me!
that's so rad. your family thinks of the coolest things. another idea of courtesy of the Metcalfs to use with my family :)
It was a fun afternoon, but Dad and I both decided we don't ever want to spend another nickel at a dollar store! That stuff was bad--the squirt guns didn't even work for 30 minutes--not even one minute. How bad is that? The kids were good sports, though.
your parents always just seem like the best!
Post a Comment