I love this dish. So yum! I like to make a batch of it for dinner and then there is enough for lunch the next day. It's good cold or hot.Broccoli and Bow Ties
Barefoot Contessa
Kosher salt
8 cups Broccoli Florets (4 heads)
1/2 pound farfalle (bow tie pasta)
2 tbls unsalted butter
2 tbls olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
zest of 1 lemon
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1 tbls freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 c toasted pignoli (pine) nuts
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
Cook broccoli for 3 minutes in a larg pot of boiling salted water. Remove broccoli from the water with a slotted spoon or sieve. Place in a large bowl and set aside.
In the same water, cook the bow-tie pasta accourding to the package directions, about 12 minutes. Drain well and add to the broccoli.
Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, heat the butter and oil and cook the garlic and lemon zest over med-low heat for 1 minute. Off the heat, add 2 tsp, salt, the pepper, and lemon juice and pour this over the broccoli and pasta. Toss well. Season to taste, sprinkle with pine nuts and cheese, and serve.
5 comments:
I love this dish too. Yum.
i'm totally making this tomorrow. it looks delish. and i am glad i went and found your blog cause it's so cute! good to meet you guys, the pics nicole took of you are so cute...care if i post um? then you can copy and paste. wow this turned into a long comment!
ummm, pretty sure you're on kelly mccaleb's BLOG!! Hello! Love the new do by coco! and can't wait to try this dish too!
I was going to make this the other night!!!! I miss you!!!
I think you made this awhile ago. I was going to ask you for the recipe, but now I don't have to!!!
Post a Comment