I had Egan's name for Christmas this year and she suggested a quilt. Though I love making quilts I was a little intimidated to make one for Egan. I mean she's a designer with a particular taste! She emailed me this quilt inspiration and quilt patterns ideas which was incredibly helpful! I was catching her drift.. and really loving this idea. I could make 10 quilts off this inspiration alone. Finding the right fabric was tricky!! A friend told me about a quilt shop in Laguna Hills that I had never heard of and it was a gold mine. The japanese black and white fabric was exactly what I'd been hoping to find. Though pricey per yard it was worth it. I'm really happy with how the quilt turned out. Mostly happy that Egan likes it! Christmas success.
you executed her inspiration perfectly. i love seeing the behind the scenes work. fun to see where the ideas came from. it's so beautiful and i love how big it is.
I agree with Jane, it is so cool to see your process! You really interpreted it well. Its hard work to take something from paper to finished product! So cool!
6 comments:
love the inspiration boards for the quilt!
it's so beautiful! my favorite photo is the one with the movement!
What a dream!!!!!! You're so talented!!!
you executed her inspiration perfectly. i love seeing the behind the scenes work. fun to see where the ideas came from. it's so beautiful and i love how big it is.
I agree with Jane, it is so cool to see your process! You really interpreted it well. Its hard work to take something from paper to finished product! So cool!
im sooooo in love with this quilt, and this post!!! love love love!!!
So cool. Love your scribbly notebook.
Post a Comment